top of page

About Treatment
and Recovery

Q. Will I still be able to smoke weed if I have my medical card?

A. No as we follow Federal guidelines and marijuana is not legalized nationally.

Q. Can I have my service animal in the housing program?

A. We don’t allow any animals for any reason.

Q. Are you an inpatient Treatment Program?

A. We are a transitional housing program, that offers Outpatient services.

Q. Does my insurance cover my program fees?

A. No, but there are many programs that may assist with the costs of our housing program.

Q. Do I need to be religious or a Christian to enter treatment?

A. No. We just ask you keep an open mind. XChange Recovery is a faith-based organization. Attending worship is required during 30 day addiction treatment as part of community-participation healing, but you will not be pressured to make a religious commitment. 



Q. Does XChange take individuals on the MAT program?

A. Yes we take individuals on Suboxone, Sublicade, Vivitrol but not currently Methadone.

Q. How does an individual get into the XChange Program?

A. An individual would need to fill out our online application and Expectation files. Upon successful completion an interview will be set up, which can be done online with Zoom, or in person.  

Q. Does an individual need to be clean before entry?

A. Yes an individual would need to be able to pass a urine analysis, but help getting a bed at detox will be given if necessary.


Client Families

Q. How long does it take to complete the program?

A. Our transitional housing program is a 10 month to 2 year program.

Q. Can I visit my relative while they are on blackout?

A. Yes , as long as you yourself are able to pass a UA, you are allowed to visit even chaperone them out into the community.

Q. Can I bring my relative my care packages?

A. Yes any household or living items or food items are welcomed to be dropped off for individuals but are subject to be searched by staff.




Q. Can I volunteer?

A. We love our volunteers! Right now we need:

  • Social media content creators and publishers

  • Faith-based non-profit administration experts

  • Fund-raising experts that work with our community and allied groups

  • Street Medicine RN’s, LPN’s and Nurse Practitioners

Due to the nature of our mission, some volunteer positions may require drug testing. 


Q. What kinds of donations do you accept?

A. Give your way! Consider the following:

  • Junker vehicles (we tow!)

  • One time or recurring automatic online cash donations 

  • Goods delivered via Amazon or other delivery service. Check out our wish lists for men, women and household needs. 

  • Amazon Smile. Make us your charity of choice for eligible purchases

  • Employer matching to your cash gift. 

  • Grocery delivery through our local Safeway.

Q. Is my donation tax deductible?

A. Yes! XChange is a registered non-profit 501(c)3 and your contributions are tax deductible.  Check with your tax preparer for more information. Be sure to check with your employer to see if they provide matching donations to make the most of your gift. 

Q. What is your U.S. Tax ID Number? 

A. 47-2098660

Q. Can I choose where my money is spent?

A. Yes!  We have many wonderful programs and one may touch your heart more than another.  Just let us know if you would like to donate to:

  • Homeless Outreach

  • Street Medicine

  • Parents4Parents

  • Transitional Housing

  • Supported Employment

Q. Do you take non-cash donations?
A. Yes! We accept groceries from our Hwy 99 Ridgeway Safeway. You can also find our wish lists on Amazon for:

  • Men

  • Women

  • the Household Wish List​​


Clark County 
Community Members

Q. What does the XChange Recovery do to serve the community?

A.  We offer affordable, supported housing for folks that would otherwise be homeless or in active addiction. The XChange offers job skills training and opportunities for supported employment to people in recovery. The XChange offers affordable community services with their micro-businesses.

Q. What neighborhoods are your houses in?

A. We have multiple homes in many different neighborhoods throughout Clark County. The addresses are kept private for security reasons. 

Q. I'm a little concerned about having houses in my neighborhood full of drug addicts, is that really safe?  

A. It is unlikely that you would even notice that they arent just another family in the neighborhood. We are very conscientious about the exterior of all of our homes. On top of this, we don't allow anyone in our homes that isn't actively engaged in a recovery program. No one in active addiction is allowed to remain in our housing program.

bottom of page